Sunday, December 13, 2009

The cooler side of Romania

I woke up in the back of a car, hands tied, freezing and unable to move. Ok, my hands weren't tied, and I could have moved if I wanted to, and after a while the car warmed up. I had signed up for a weekend in the mountains.
We were going to Piatra Craiului National park, a lovely mountainous area near Brasov, or for those more familiar with the geography, it's near Zarnesti.
Maps, they're like nature's... maps

There we would be spending the night at some cabin but they were fully booked so we spent our night at Salvamont instead. When I say we, by the way, I mean my host Monica, and her fellow abductors:

We took about 3 and a half hours and almost 900 meters up to the cabin, with some great landscape along the way.

And that's where I fell to my death. No, actually this is on the way back but I think it's the nicest picture in the set. For more awesome pictures of this trip, click here.
Next I'm on my way to Istanbul. Here's hoping I find a couch in time!

1 comment:

gabitzass said...

very happy to read this. :) very unhappy that I stayed in a city for the week-end. good luck with finding the couch / couches for the next month!