Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dave's new year's party & New Year's plunge

One thing I haven't been able to find photos of (I'm sure they're out there, and if I find them this entry gets an update) is Dave Ip 's New years dinner party, which was great. Good food, good people, good atmosphere, and most of all, an annoying little chinese man going on about a dutch circle jerk party. :D After a while we moved down to Mike's for more fun, and we got to see some great fireworks from his roof, followed by a parade of drunkenness with super drunks Jim and Jonas, relatively sober Isa and myself, and I ended up surfing at Isa, and joining up with her and some others in the morning to see them haul their freezing asses into the freezing water of the kromme rijn.


Our three "heroes" doing a quick warm-up before jumping to their deaths

Unfortunately, Stephen, our fourth hero didn't make it due to a series of misunderstandings, but he did surf here for a night, and left this neat semesterticked from DB (he was just done studying in Germany and was about to go back to the US) for my CouchSurfing Wall, which I haven't photographed yet, so it's not in the album yet.


No comments: